I'm feeling a bit of the eczema blues.
- My back is itchy in that can't-reach spot.
- I regret promising my husband I'd stop using the Apple TV remote to scratch my back. It has perfect sharp edges!
- After months of being mostly clear of eczema, my body is getting little flareups again - and they are in the same spots as before! How can it remember?!
- I am scared. Is it going to get worse?
- Since starting Dupixent 3 months ago, my face gets unbearably hot and red when I drink SOMETIMES. I still haven't identified a pattern! And until I do, I will continue drinking to figure it out. ;)
Alright, let's not throw a pity party. What's going well?
- My skin could be so much worse. SO, SO, SO much worse! Technically, it's still about 80% better than it was in 6 months ago.
- Dupixent, Vitamin D supplements, Protopic and the Align probiotic seem to be helping. I don't know which one is helping the most and I don't have a lab with human bodies available to conduct testing, so I think I'll just keep doing all four.
- My face is still clear. Best thing ever!
- Shedding, weeping skin does not keep me up all night.
- I'm no longer waking up with my eyes swollen and stuck shut.
Well, that got dark fast. Things are so much better than they were a year ago. I can have a life. I can travel. I can focus my attention on my beautiful 10-month-old baby. I don't have to hide at home, avoiding work or friends. If, for whatever reason, my body is currently undergoing a flareup phase that consists of a few red, itchy spots, then that is a WIN. A flareup a year ago would've been completely debilitating and demoralizing. Yes, I will take that silver lining, make lemonade, keep my chin up ... it's all rainbows and puppies over here.